TERMS & CONDITIONS
Below are the terms and conditions of the Merdeka Photo Contest 2019.
Failure to comply may result in disqualification.
1. Open to Malaysians only (must have a valid MyKad).
2. If you are under 18 years of age, by entering this contest you confirm that you have obtained your parents’ / guardian’s permission.
3. Remember to set your Instagram profile to PUBLIC until the winners’ announcement.
4. Do not change your username until the winners’ announcement.
5. You are allowed only 1 photo per entry. Unlimited entries allowed.
6. Past winners are not allowed to submit their winning photos.
7. By submitting an entry to the contest, you grant PLF:
i) Permission for your entry to be published on our website and all our social media sites, including but not limited to (“PLF Website") and you grant PLF a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license (with a right to sub-license) to use, republish, edit and/or modify your entry in any/all media (including in electronic format, hard copy and in PLF publications) for purposes connected with the contest and as described in these Terms and Conditions; and
ii) The right to use your name and state of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry and/or as a winner of the contest.
8. Notwithstanding the above waiver, in order to use entries as intended and advised in these Terms and Conditions:
(i) PLF may need to modify entries, including but not limited to resizing, cropping or colour adjustment as necessary, provided that PLF shall endeavour in undertaking such modifications to maintain the integrity of your entry as originally created; and
(ii) PLF shall provide a picture credit for all entries.
9. You own the copyright to your contest entry as its author. Your entry must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use, must not include any trademarks, and must not show inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, or in breach of any applicable law or regulation, or in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by you to third parties. If PLF has reason to believe your entry is not your own work or otherwise breaches these Terms and Conditions, then PLF reserves the right to disqualify it.
10. Entrants confirm that each individual whose image is featured in the contest entry has given consent for the use of his/her image in connection with this contest and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
11. All entries will be evaluated by a panel of judges. Once announced, the judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entertained.